Dear Lakewood Families:
Many of you are aware that the Lakewood City School District embarked on a comprehensive strategic planning process this year. Many of you provided us with your feedback in a survey conducted in February. We are deep into the meat of our project, which is focused on several goals:
- Discovery of our district’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats
- Understanding the community's desires and expectations for its schools
- Fostering increased trust and collaboration between students, parents, staff members, administration, and all community stakeholders
- Enhancing the quality of experience and continued development of the Vision of the Lakewood Graduate for our students
- Planning for the future of Lakewood City Schools while maintaining a commitment to time-honored traditions, current initiatives, and programming
This summer we will prioritize the results and develop a roadmap strategy for implementation. This information will be shared in August. Thank you to all who participated through a meeting, phone call, or survey. Your voices were heard.
As we continue to work on this critical project for our district’s future, our sights are also on the present and celebrating a successful school year with many year-end recognitions. Despite the challenges and uncertainties the pandemic presented, we were in-person all year and it has been awesome! I especially look forward to seeing our seniors graduate on May 27 as they complete their Vision of a Lakewood Graduate journey.